11.6.08

Encantazo


Brazillian legend Sergio Mendes released his new cd Encanto today. I will go as far to say it is great - and I have not listened to it. I mean, when you're Sergio, you eat good music for breakfast. This man helped pioneer samba-based bossa nova, and he's doing what anyone with a reportoire as impressive as his would do, he's re-working alot of his own old hits. First track on the album? Burt Bacharach's 'the look of love' which Mendes had originally transposed to bossa nova in 1967, then it became his biggest hit with Brasil `66. Don't get me wrong, there's several, great, original tracks on there as well. I'll just say that Sergio is on point.

Recommended tracks:

2) Funky Bahia
4) Odo-Ya
5) Somewhere in the Hills (feat. Natalie Cole & Till Bronner)
12) Agua de Beber

No comments: